THE TOPS AT SPAR WINE SHOW (PTY) LTD
(“The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show” – THE PROMOTER)
Applicable to Competitions Held by The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show and its Associated Partners
General Rules of Competitions
The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show agrees to run competitions in respect of the EVENT where entrants are eligible to claim a prize offering as per the competition details therein. These T&C’s apply to competitions held on digital, electronic, social media and online portals at The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show’s discretion and through traditional media and press outlets such as The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show may deem necessary.
- Competitions are open to entrants aged 18 and older who are South African residents at the time of the competition.
- Winners of all competitions will be drawn from either:
- A random draw of all entries collected during the term of that competition and as clearly stated:
- First correctly drawn entry (where the entry mechanism requires a correct answer).
- The top-ranking individual with the most points.
- Should an accredited winner not be able to claim their prize, for any reason whatsoever, The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show reserves the right to draw another prize winner with no compensation at all due to the original winner drawn if the entire prize item cannot be accepted by that person/persons as presented in whole.
- Prizes consisting of tickets for The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show may only be redeemed on the day and time stipulated on the ticket awarded to the winner and may not be exchanged.
- Where courier of prizes is necessary The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show will cover a maximum of R300 towards courier, the remaining amount will need to be covered by the prize winner.
- If the Competition involves Twitter, Facebook or any other social media platform in the Competition entry process, entrants must note that any use of profanity, vulgar language, sexist, political or racially motivated content or any other form of discrimination, will be removed from the social media platform and the entrant will be automatically disqualified.
- Any prize offered by The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash value or other prizes.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail/phone or a post on the relevant TOPS at SPAR Wine Show social media platform as decided by The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show.
- The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show reserves the rights to publish the winner’s details on social media platforms.
- If a winner does not respond within 7 days (a week) of being notified by The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show of their winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner chosen.
- The winner agrees to have their image used in any promotional activity associated with The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show or that of participating partners.
- The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any entrant because of entering any competition in relation to The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show.
- The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show reserves the right to at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize with or without prior notice due to reasons beyond the control of The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show.
- The Promoter’s decision on any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrance into the competition is unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering this competition and sharing your details you agree to:
- Signing up to communications from The TOPS at SPAR Wine Show (you may opt-out at any point).
- Signing up to communications from a relevant prize providing partner (you may opt-out at any point).
- It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these rules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.